Site menu:

Enter your email address to sign up to the Discipline or Regret RSS feed!

Delivered by FeedBurner

NUTRITION

Eating natural foods, taking the time to plan meals and snacks. Pre-planning is the key! Low carbs, lots of protein, healthy fats and plenty H20

Supplements & Drugs; none!

WORKOUTS

Strength Training; Mon, Wed & Fri doing big compound exercises that hit the big muscle groups.

Cardio; currently none.

Muscle: + 1.6%

START STATS

Weight: 308.6lb

Body Fat: 48.0%

Muscle: 23.5%

DISCLAIMER

Before you start any exercise program or change your diet please contact your doctor before doing so.

Train safe! Eat healthy! :-)

Focused Anger: A Powerful Force!

the-hulk-is-back-20041217111443541

Back in January 2008 I got angry, I don’t mean just angry, angry. I got really pissed!

Now when it hits the fan (you should be able to figure out what the ‘it’ is) I am the kind of person that thinks out what I need to do and then I face it head on.Β  One thing that I don’t do when my little world starts to crumble is panic or have little poor me parties.

I can empathize (connect with, understand) with others but I find it hard to sympathize (feel sorry for, cry with, get all soppy) with others, I feel that it makes people weak.

When I exploded a year ago and I said aloud to myself “I am not going to die young and be put in a dumper coffin and buried in a grave the same size as a swimming pool!”

After that I fueled myself with that anger and rage to channel all my efforts and focus to accomplish something great.

Using your anger to piss and moan or feel sorry for yourself will keep you where you are and you will not accomplish anything.

Grab your anger by the throat and suck it down inside of yourself and then get into action mode and do something!

Your anger has power if it is converted into planned and purposeful action.

Comments

Comment from Jessica
Time March 3, 2009 at 8:07 am

I couldn’t agree more with you Andrew. Channeling that power and aggression into something positive is a great way to deal with it rather than just being emotional and angry for the sake of it. Focusing on health, or career or a hobby is the way to go. Like you I can empathize to a degree but find it hard to accept people being negative and angry and then doing nothing about it.

Comment from Andrew
Time March 3, 2009 at 9:29 am

Hi Jessica, you hit the nail on the head. When we see that mountain in our lives sometimes it takes getting angry and then converting and channeling that into action, that will be the driving force that causes us to succeed.

Take care,
Andrew

Comment from Irene
Time March 5, 2009 at 4:45 am

I couldn’t agree with you more. Taking action feels so much better than the “poor me” parties. I have allowed myself to get stuck in those ruts a few times in the past. I am hoping that if something happens which causes me to get sad or angry, can handle it proactively rather than reactively.

Comment from Andrew
Time March 5, 2009 at 9:20 am

Hi Irene, thanks for dropping by! I have been over to fithungrygurl.com and you are doing well, keep going! Burn baby burn! πŸ˜›

Take care,
Andrew

Comment from Bill
Time March 9, 2009 at 5:14 am

Hi Andrew,

Found your website with Google — congrats on the progress. As a guy who went from 330 to 210 I know how challenging it is.

Quick question for you — how is the surge workout fuel coming along? I’m thinking about picking some up in 2 weeks for when I switch to a new program. I like their recovery drink, but some of their other products seems overpriced/overhyped. I’d appreciate your input.

Keep up the good work man!

Comment from Andrew
Time March 9, 2009 at 1:53 pm

Hi Bill,

Thanks for dropping by and for the encouragement. I started taking Surge Workout Fuel and then I changed my workout program for maximal fat loss, so what I decided to do was stop taking the Surge and then when I get to about 200lbs I am going to be working out for muscle gains, so I will be lifting heavier and working harder.

I took Surge for two weeks, so really not much to comment on at the moment. I will need to post about this. I have been sooooo mad busy at the moment as my wife, son, mother in law and I are planning to move to the UK in about 4 months so all is crazy busy.

I would agree with you that most of the Biotest products are over priced.

Take care and good luck with your new program, what program is that?

Andrew

Comment from tim
Time December 16, 2010 at 11:43 pm

your a fuken tool πŸ˜›

Comment from Andrew
Time January 1, 2011 at 3:26 pm

Hi there Tim, thank you for commenting. I don’t know where you are in the world or what you are doing but Tim I wish you all the success in everything that you do. I really genuinely hope that you have a blessed and prosperous life.

Take care,