Site menu:

Enter your email address to sign up to the Discipline or Regret RSS feed!

Delivered by FeedBurner

NUTRITION

Eating natural foods, taking the time to plan meals and snacks. Pre-planning is the key! Low carbs, lots of protein, healthy fats and plenty H20

Supplements & Drugs; none!

WORKOUTS

Strength Training; Mon, Wed & Fri doing big compound exercises that hit the big muscle groups.

Cardio; currently none.

Next Weigh in:


11/11/13

ReBoot Stats

CURRENT STATS

Weight: 287lb

Body Fat: 44.7%

Muscle: 25.1%

LOSS/GAINS

Weight: - 21.6lb

Body Fat: - 3.3%

Muscle: + 1.6%

START STATS

Weight: 308.6lb

Body Fat: 48.0%

Muscle: 23.5%

DISCLAIMER

Before you start any exercise program or change your diet please contact your doctor before doing so.

Train safe! Eat healthy! :-)

Are You Seeing Your New Year Resolution Results Yet?

sad

It’s getting very close to the end of January and that means D-Day for some of your trips to the gym, the excuses of life start becoming a reality and then you start to ease off a little bit and eventually you’ll die off from the fitness food-chain.

WHY?

Could all those excuses really be to cover up the fact that your contemplating quitting because results are not happening fast enough, or maybe you haven’t made any results at all!

So how can we stop this yearly tradition and make 2009 REALLY a year to remember when you become fitter, stronger, more energetic and have a high possibility of living longer?

Let’s look at some reasons why your not losing any fat;

1. Following a Crappy Rapid “Weight Loss” Fad Diet – If what you are doing to try lose weight is taking you down an unhealthy path that promises “weight loss” then I’d advise you to get off that program quick, because the road you are on only leads to the City of Disillusion.

If you are focusing on a limited group of foods or are replacing some of your meals with liquids, pills, potions or sewing your lips together then you are going to rob your body of the nutrition that it needs and requires to function.

These fad diets promote weight loss but don’t tell you were that loss comes from; the general rule is, if it’s rapid weight loss and you are not eating a balance of food groups (carbohydrates, proteins, fibers and fats) then you’ll be losing muscle mass, body fluids and maybe (if you are lucky) some fat.

You don’t want to lose muscle because it’s the very thing that you need to ensure that you have fat loss success!

2. You Don’t Know What You’re Doing – To be honest you don’t really need to spend money to educate yourself on timeless principles of fitness because in this age of information it’s all FREE online.  Start educating yourself about diet and exercises, and if you do have some green and the time to spare then why not take a fitness diploma at a local college or an online based learning program.  You need to educate yourself with food and what it does to you, and also what cardiovascular and strength training workouts will do to your body.

Ignorance is not an option!

3. You Haven’t Made a Plan – You might have just been hammering away at the gym trying all the machines and other equipment and “see how it goes”, or you run on the treadmill for 120 minutes everyday, etc.

Once you have educated yourself a little (not trying to brag but start your education with Discipline or Regret) and now you are ready to write your goals down.  The way to see your goals become a reality is by using the SMARTER Principle, check these passed articles that I have written about using the SMARTER Principle.

4. You Haven’t Made Yourself Accountable – Get a support team together; workout buddy, online community, start your own fat loss blog, meet with your doctor, tell your family, stand in the middle of the nearest busiest town naked and get arrested and then everyone will know who you are and then once you lose all that weight then do it again and you’ll be arrested again but you’ll be redeemed! (Disclaimer: I am joking, don’t do it!).

5. You Are A Quitter And a Procrastinator – You quit this and you quit that and you’ll do it tomorrow and it’ll have to wait and it’ll never happen.  If you are serious about losing the fat and becoming fitter, healthier and stronger then your mind will have to follow with actions!

You need to discipline yourself and start becoming mindful of your destructive habits and start replacing them with good ones.  Stop putting things off by getting an Accountability Buddy and ask them to help you get down to it and DO! DO! DO!

IMPORTANT: Here is a tip from a mistake that I made; your eating (nutrition program) will account for 70% to 80% of your fat loss success, and your exercise is the remaining 20% to 30% of your success.  Before I made the mistake and made my workouts more important than my nutrition program.

Follow a wellbalanced nutrition program for about 90% of your week and then workout at least 3 times per week and you should have results.

Write a comment